Monday, October 5, 2015

4: standards so high

http://www.cpalms.org/Public/PreviewStandard/Preview/1622


  • Standard SC.2.L.14.1 "Distinguish human body parts (brain, heart, lungs, stomach, muscles, and skeleton) and their basic functions."
  • http://www.learninggamesforkids.com/health_games/body_parts/body-parts-word-o-rama.html
  • Educational games
  • I would use educational games like the one from the site above because they are fun and relatable to children this age.  The subjects can be converted into really creative and fun ideas.
I think that using the internet during student research can be important, but I think that it should also be limited.  There are times when it's appropriate, such as in researching things that require multimedia images or videos or audio clips.  I think using the internet would not only be wise but also helpful in this situation.  However, if books can be used, I think they should be, because even in a world growing with technology, I think books are still important and that students shouldn't lose that skill. 

When I search internet based resources, I evaluate them based on their credibility.  If it's a big name that I've heard of before, or know of a good reputation of, like the Wall Street Journal, or something like that, then I would find it pretty credible.  However, if it's riddled with advertisements or has a bad reputation, such as Wikipedia, I would say that it's not the best resource.

I acquired some cool new skills during the Web Hunt assignment, most of which were learning how to search helpful strings on Google and get more direct results quicker.  The key that we created in class helped a lot with that.  See if you can find the challenges from below:

  1. Find a get-to-know you sheet for a game with your classmates.
  2. Find a video about the French Revolution.

1 comment:

  1. The penguin in your educational game is hilarious. This would be a good game for a center, reviewing key concepts but not requiring teacher assistance.

    I agree, students still need print skills.

    ReplyDelete