Monday, November 16, 2015

10: I'll take "Our Last Blog Post" for 500, please

This week I learned a lot about PowerPoint that I didn't know before.  I learned how to get rid of linear navigation and add in some of the animations that aren't the traditional "fly-in" or "dissolve" animations between slides.  This will definitely be useful if I want to make games for my students in the future, and I can't wait to be able to make them myself, rather than using a template.  I also would like to try something out of the ordinary instead of "Jeopardy" or "Family Feud".  Below is a picture of one of my questions from my assignment.


I think that I would use a data collection tool similar to qualtrics in order to see how my students feel about certain things with it being anonymous.  For example, they can rank certain aspects of the class anonymously, or tell what they'd like to see more of in the class.  This would be especially helpful if I were teaching a middle school or high school class, so that they know they could give honest opinions without the fear of me knowing who said what.

I think that reviewing my classmates blogs over the past few weeks has been pretty interesting.  Seeing the way that different people react to different ideas, or how we can be in the same class but on completely different wavelengths is really surprising and interesting to me.  I like reading them though, because they change my perspectives a little as well.

I would like to learn Publisher next (which is also something I got from reading someone else's blog.)  I've never used it and have never even thought of using it, but I would just really like to familiarize myself with all of the Microsoft and Adobe products, so that I can develop a fine set of skills.

To keep up with my goals regarding technology, I think I need to stay up to date on all of the up and coming technology.  One easy way to do this will be by visiting the tech sandbox from time to time to test out the new things that they have in there.  I can also do research or follow a blog about technology in education to keep up with it on a larger scale.  They probably have twitters or other social media specific to those topics.

3 comments:

  1. Great title! I like your idea of following blogs for tech ideas. Edmodo has very active communities, (Technology and Professional Development are my favorite), where teachers share best practices in quick comments.

    ReplyDelete